Sunday, September 29, 2019

Review: Waluntha Smoothing Lace bra


Nutshell: A surprisingly great bra.





Waluntha Smoothing Lace bra in Burgundy
I am a huge fan of this wine colorway




The Waluntha Smoothing Lace bra reminds me a great deal of Panache Jasmine - I mean, if Jasmine were actually comfortable. It fills a hole in my bra-drobe for a beautiful 3/4 cup balconette.







Comfort & Fit





Fabric. Lace cups, with the bottom section lined in soft cotton, and the upper cup a substantial open lace with moderate stretch. I find this combo to be completely non-irritating on my sensitive skin.





Cups. Quite deep, with plenty of room for projected boobs.









The stretch lace allows the cup to conform nicely to my extremely full-on-top boobs, while the gore is giving me a perfect soft tack. However, due to the stretch - & there being plenty of depth in the lower cup - full-on-bottom shapes should also do very well. You will perhaps get more of a full cup effect if you have very little upper boob fullness.





Band. Nicely executed. Three-hooks, satin on the outside, lined with a fine mesh on the inside. That means clothing will glide over it, i.e. not cling to lumps and bulges, while the mesh means the band will not stretch out over time.





Straps. Really well designed. Joined to the 3-section cup, the lace pattern continues about 1/3 of the way up, where it then becomes a flat, wide strap; no ring-connector. Very comfy, very stable; although wide-set like a true balconette, they do not cut into my sides or armpits at all. Like I said: well-designed. Together with the supportive band, these allow you to enjoy the stretchy cup without losing any support.





Wires. European 'U' shape, which is my favorite construction, and a friend to projected boobs (and armpits) everywhere. Also, they are softer, thinner, and not tall. Yes! For the comfort win!





Shape. Rounded, but projected. Again, very Jasmine-y, but less wide and less jacked-up. This is the shape I prefer 80% of the time.





No, the band isn't loose. That's just the result of me contorting to get this angle and highlighting some fabulous fluffy bits.




Compromises





Yeah, there aren't any. Rare!





When Do I Wear It?





The Waluntha shines with open necklines. Deep scoop T-shirts. V-necks. And the alway tricky boatneck. Any time I need a lower-cut cup and wide-set straps that will disappear under an open neckline, a 3/4 cup balconette is my go-to. Because she is so comfy, this bra is among my top choices for a long day at work, followed by going out afterward. There are precious few bras that I can wear that long and still be comfy. The only time I would choose a different shape is under a very structured top, like a button-down with limited boob room and zero stretch.





Sizing. 40G. Sizing is true to size for UK. Which means this fits me like a 40H US/Euro.





Price point. Ridiculously affordable at under $20 on Amazon. Currently, this is the only style offered by the brand there, but I certainly hope there will be more.




No comments:

Post a Comment