Sunday, October 4, 2020

Review: Bali Beauty bra

The description of Bali Beauty bra includes the words 'revolutionary' 'scientifically tested, gravity-defying' and 'multi-zone fusion innovation'. Yeahhh, I don't know about any of that - sounds like someone in marketing exceeded their caffeine limit and needs to back away from the thesaurus - but it is a new take on wire-free.

Beauty




Nice golden sand color instead of the dreaded beige, with a prettily embossed fan/shell pattern. Plunging V-shape.

Comfort & Fit


Fabric.  70% Nylon, 30% Spandex. Normally, this would give you that 2nd skin fit, with lots of stretch. But this is where that gravity defiance comes in: the cup is actually laminated and non-stretch. The fabric is very thin and smooth, so it is not that uncomfy, scratchy UK style where laminated feels like they've bonded some mesh window screen inside the cup. 

You can see the result of that lack of stretch on my smaller side, where there is extra bottom room, which is not where I need it. The lack of stretch means it kinda crinkles there.



Cups. Plenty of capacity, but very decidedly designed for full-on-bottom boob shapes.



Most of the cup room is at the bottom and sides, so it's cutting into my larger right boob a bit. This would have worked a lot better for many different shapes if the bottom of the cup had been non-stretch and the top more stretchy and flexible.

Band. Made of the same fabric as the cups, laser cut to minimize seams; the only one is on the sides and is not bulky. Not too tall; this is a decent band.

Straps. Standard and reasonably soft. They do not cut in.

Shape. Surprisingly good under a thin T-shirt. Rounded, but slightly perky. There is more lift than I expected and I'd certainly wear this out of the house.


Compromises


Center Roll. That low-cut V-neck shape, together with the lack of cup stretch, means I find my boobs tumbling toward the center and have to readjust frequently throughout the day.

Shape Mismatch. As a haver of full-on-top boobs, this is something I am all too accustomed to dealing with. Sometimes it's worth it to put up with it; sometimes not. While it does look good under clothing, if I do not adjust every hour or two, I will get visible double-bubble in this.

When Do I Wear It?


Weekends when I might want to leave the house for a short errand. (Theoretically, since this is Month 7 of quarantine, and there are no errands anymore.) I don't find Beauty comfy enough for a full work day at home, mostly due to the tumbling to the center issue. I get tired of rearranging my boobs. But for bottom-full shapes, this may not be much of an issue for you.

Price point. A bargain at $12 on sale. And a decent value at twice that.

Sizing. 42DD. Bali bands are true to size, unlike Olga where I always need to size up. So I could have gone with my usual 40 here, but I needed the cup size. This fits me like a loose 40G (UK).


No comments:

Post a Comment