Monday, January 18, 2021

Review: 32 Degrees Cool Bralette

I was actually looking to try the Flowy Camisole, but grabbed the 32 Degrees Cool Bralette on impulse because it was on sale for $8. Once I tried it, I went back and grabbed two more. Which is a spoiler alert that it worked out.

Beauty


Ruching and delicate straps (more on those later) lend an understated prettiness to an otherwise plain style.


Comfort & Fit


Straps.  I was not expecting this to work as they are soooo thin - literally, spaghetti straps. Adjustable, with tiny sliders. Frankly, it's a silly design choice and usually a recipe for cutting in and discomfort. And, of course, it still would have been far better with wider straps. However, in this case it actually works because of .....

Band.  The band is tall. In fact, it is the same height as the cups, all the way around. This means it functions pretty much as a strapless bandeau would, rendering the silly tiny straps superfluous. I still dislike tall bands, but in this case it works because of ...

Fabric.  Buttery soft modal and seamless. I can't comment on its cooling properties since it's the middle of the Alaskan winter, but the fabric is wonderfully soft and makes even soft cotton seem rough by comparison.

Support.  I was surprised by the amount of light support it provided. Due to the height of the back and the 1" bottom band - completely covered in fabric - the bralette is really anchored.

There is no smooshing and the uniboob is a little less than usual, thanks to the ruching. I certainly don't have to rearrange every hour, like I do with the Calvin Klein bralette.

Shape.  I get a soft, round shape. Natural and without lift.

When Do I Wear It


I totally wear this outside the house, usually under a sweater or hoodie. It also combines well with jammies and soft cardigans, i.e. pandemic workwear. The straps look prettier peeking out than most do. It's definitely comfy enough to sleep in, if that's your thing. I might wear it under a looser T-shirt, but you'll likely prefer something more shaping under anything form-fitting.

Sizing.  XXL.  (range is XS-XXL) It's pretty impressive that there is enough cup capacity for big boobs. I'd say that the XXL would fit 38F-42G (US). I'm a 40H and it's rare to find a good fit in this kind of generic size range.

Price Point.  Currently still on sale for $8. Full price is $18. For the good quality materials and serious comfort, that is a real bargain.

Update: It is now April, and this has become my all-time favorite bralette. I wear it 4 or 5 days a week. And I have found that I do wear it under pretty much everything, and out of the house, too - which has really only consisted of two vaccination appointments, so far. It has replaced my Bali Comfort Revolution because the fabric softness just cannot be beat.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment