Saturday, February 4, 2023

Review: Anita Rosa Faia Twin Wire-Free

 It's now been 3 years since I've worn underwire. Along with working from home, it's the other good thing to come out of the pandemic. Comfort was always my top priority and now I'm at the point where even my comfiest underwired bras are only comfy-ish. But the lack of wires alone does not guarantee comfort for me. 

I decided to revisit an old friend: Anita. German-made, well-designed. The wired version of this bra is incredibly comfy - and was the first bra I reviewed on this blog back in 2015. Let's do the categories, shall we?

Beauty


Sleek, clean lines. Zero frou frou. Anita as a brand is pretty understated; you'll find a range of skin tones plus black, white, and perhaps gray or navy. They occasionally bring out a pretty shade like the coral I have. They also have the Twin Art, which is a patterned version: always subtle and muted. This colorway is Rosewood, a soft pinky-taupe. 

Comfort & Fit

Fabric.  A wonderful silky microfiber with 30% spandex, which is double the usual US bra and triple the average UK bra. That means you'll get a second skin fit that conforms to your shape and moves with your body. If you experience PMS tenderness or swelling, high spandex fabric is your BFF; it's comforting and soothing.

Cups & Shape.  Great cup capacity and designed for an even shape. I get no cutting in with my full-on-tops and the moderately projected shape means you'll get a lifted but not boosted, nicely rounded profile that's very T-shirt friendly. They're double-layer, so you'll get a little extra nippie coverage.



Band.  Runs snug. When I was a 36GG, a 40 band fit well. It is the same soft fabric; no yucky harsh mesh. Band anchors well without being tall or compressive, which I really appreciate.

Straps.  Wide in the front, tapering and adjustable in back. They're comfy and help distribute the weight nicely. 

When Do I Wear It?

Whenever I would've reached for underwire in the Before Times. So out in public mostly, when I want more lift and shaping than most bralettes can give, but still be almost as comfy as a bralette. 

Sizing.  42F  The wire-free version of the Twin runs a little looser in the band and larger in the cup. So in the wired version I wore a 40H, and now that I'm a bit fluffier, a 42G. But in the wire-free I've dropped down a cup size. If your shape is full-on-bottom, you'll definitely need to drop down a cup.  

Price point.  Full price runs $72. I wait until the price hits around $50. Anita rarely falls below that price and it's certainly worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment