Saturday, March 2, 2024

Review: CUUP THE WIRELESS PLUNGE - MESH

This is the first thing I've tried from the brand CUUP. I've always found their styles appealing and sleek, but not their prices. Let's see how it went for me.

Beauty

All styles, of which there are only around four, are minimalist and sleek. Zero frou-frou, lace, embroidery, etc. Normally, I'm more of a maximalist and enjoy all those things, but there is a place for understated, smooth styling. 


This colorway is Aura, a pale ballet pink, and a shade I will always opt for over a yellowy-beige nude. Heads up: the mesh is sheer. It will provide quite a bit of nip coverage by way of the 2nd skin fit, i.e., compression, but if your nips are darker than mine - which are quite pale - it will look like you're wearing nothing. 

Comfort 

I have never been a fan of mesh; it's almost always rough and abrasive (I'm looking at you, Elomi Betty, Curvy Kate Dreamcatcher, and Cleo everything) but I remember fondly the soft fine mesh of Lunaire Barbados c.2000 and how it felt like air in heat and humidity. So I gave it a try.

And....meh. The mesh is in between that soft fine version and the sandpaper versions. The wider straps are welcome and have no ring connectors, so that's a plus.  

Fit

Cups.  Very underwhelming capacity. I can't fault brands for not catering to my full-on-top shape; I realize I'm in the minority there. But these run at least one cup size small.


You can clearly see they're digging into the top of my boobs. There just isn't sufficient depth for anything more than a medium level of projection, and the mesh isn't stretchy enough to accommodate my shape. 

GoreNow this, I like. It provides actual separation, which is a rare feature in a wireless bra/lette. 

Shape. Surprisingly decent. Rounded and slightly flattened (on me; if you're full-on-bottom you won't have that issue).

When Do I Wear It?

You can totally wear this out of the house. There's enough lift and shaping - and bounce control - you'll feel supported. And if you're in a hot, humid climate the all-mesh style - that includes the band - ensure you will feel the air flow through to your skin. If you have skin less sensitive than mine, this could be your summertime BFF.

Sizing 

42G US.  Which is the highest band/cup this comes in, and my actual size. If you're balanced or full-on-top, you'll want to go up one cup. Full-on-bottoms should be fine. Band is accurate, perhaps slightly snug, so sister-sizing is an option here.

Pricepoint

$65.  I bought it for $40 during Black Friday sales. I think that's still too high, frankly. I certainly would not pay full price. 









No comments:

Post a Comment