Where the Brand Excels:
- Beauty. All of their styles - even the plain neutrals - are stunning. Lace and satin, in beautiful colors, with embroidered details on the straps.
- Designed for Full-on-Tops! This remains the only brand I've found that is actually meant for a full-on-top shape. There is always plenty of room in the upper cup, and the shape I get is always rounded. This is no small thing.
I love the shape of every Gorsenia I own:
- Pricepoint. Generally between $25 - $35.
- Well Made. Quality of materials is high. Stitching and construction is consistently good.
- Sizing. Very consistent, European sizing. No double letter cups.
What's Not So Great About the Brand:
Comfort. Yeah, unfortunately, after I found the wondrous Solange 3 years ago, Gorsenia redesigned all of their larger cup offerings with industrial features like: more rigid wires, heavier duty side stays, power-mesh bands, and wider -but less stretchy/soft straps. All of which are enemies of comfort. Bummer.
This is pretty much where I parted ways with the brand. Comfort before Beauty for me. Always. But if you are in the smaller band sizes, say, under a 36, and in the mid cup size range, E-F, the original, more comfy construction is still there for you.
No Stretch in the Cup. This is particularly annoying. Even though the cups are cut for full-on-top shapes, the addition of stretch lace, rather than rigid, would make it friendly for other shapes as well. Plus, stretch always adds comfort to the cup via the ability to adjust to slight changes in weight or PMS swelling.
Variety in Cup Shape. Yeah, there just....isn't any. The seamed bras are all the same: 3-part, seamed, full cup. The 1/2 cups are all the very projected, yet still shallow, cakes on a plate shape. And there is a semi-padded style (padded bottom cup and sheer tulle upper cup) that are also the same, slightly less rounded shape.
Who Will Gorsenia Work For?
Full-on-top shapes. The brand rules supreme there - and there is basically no competition anyway, since so few brands cater to this shape.
Balanced shapes. You'll likely get a bit of gapping and unfilled upper cup in the seamed styles, but the 1/2 cups, with their unusual projection & non-wide wires, may be your holy grail. I explain the unique shape here.
Full-on-bottoms: I would only recommend the 1/2 cups. You will be swimming in the upper cup of the seamed styles.
Finally, Lovers of Medium-Narrow Wires. If you need wide or shallow cups, Gorsenia is not your brand.