Sunday, January 29, 2023

Review: Curvy Kate In My Dreams Bralette

I hardly know where to start, but In My (Bad) Dreams would be a more accurate name for this travesty of a bralette. It's the worst thing I've ever tried from Curvy Kate - and that includes their standard balconettes with the non-stretch upper cups that that give a bizarre squared-off, ski slope shape. Behold:


Beauty

Ummmm. If wadded up, saggy, wrinkly fabric that resembles nothing so much as aqua-colored elephant skin is your thing, then this is lovely. 

Comfort & Fit

CUPS.  These run absolutely huge. There is a massive amount of loose space in the upper cup, which is something I don't believe I've said on this blog. In the History of Ever.

And what are those strangely floppy strips just wandering around my chest? Well might you ask. I know I did.


Those are meant to separate your boobs and, I suppose, reduce boob sweat and increase comfort. Great idea. Wacky execution

SUPPORT

Well, none. The whole structure is so loose and floppy that it negates any support. The fabric is a rigid poly-blend that has no stretch so it's the opposite of form-fitting and does not feel particularly nice against the skin. 

I tried wearing it under a looser sweater and it didn't look as terrible as expected, but it wasn't very comfy, and I literally tossed it into the trash after one wearing. There is obviously a good reason it is on sale, and wasn't worth the hassle of returning


BAND.  A surprisingly narrow 2-hook band, but the straps connect with large pyramid-shaped panels of mesh, so it's more stable than expected. 

When Might Someone Who Is Not Me Wear It?

If you need a very large cup size and normally don't get a good fit in CK, say a J or K, you might easily fit into this supposed G-cup - and at a bargain price. 

Pricepoint & Sizing

I tried this in a 40G UK. I know. Hard to believe. On sale it was around $30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment