Saturday, August 15, 2020

Comfort Choice Microfiber Wireless Tshirt bra

Comfort Choice is a brand that's been around for decades and has really upped its game in the past 5 years or so, with a large range of different styles and patterns. I bought this right at the start of quarantine - before I realized that I'd never be leaving the house, or that there would only be 3 sunny days this summer.

Beauty




Yep, that is one wacky pattern. It's called 'Pink Confetti'. Ummm, okay. It just serves to demonstrate how much I hate white bras that I opted for this instead. The pattern continues across the band and straps, a touch that's always appreciated. But fear not: there are much prettier patterns that, at the time, weren't available in my size, but are now. For e.g.



 

 

 

 

 

 

                 


 

 

 


Comfort & Fit


Band.  Soft microfiber - no crappy, harsh mesh in sight. Four hooks, but the band is not too tall, so it is not constrictive and doesn't roll. It does, however, provide significant support; I'd even say on par with an underwire. There are side stays, which I am on record as despising. They add nothing in the way of support, but do add serious discomfort. So I simply snipped a tiny slit near the band elastic and slid them right out.

Cups & Profile Shape.  Formed of medium thickness foam, the cups are generous and give a rounded, but not flattened, shape as expected in a Tshirt bra. They are also moderately low cut and with a nice sweetheart neckline that will work under scoop neck and V-neck shirts, giving you the option to show a little cleavage if desired.



There are no wires, yet I'm getting the same support and lift I do from an underwire, which is pretty impressive. The cup is meant for a balanced boob shape, but it is accommodating my very full-on-top shape and I think a full-on-bottom shape would do fine, though you might get more of a tear drop shape that follows your natural shape.

The cups mold well to my shape, and for me, that's a huge plus: I prefer a bra to conform to my own shape and enhance it. I do find them comfy. I forgot to take a pic under clothing, but the shape is very good. Comparable to an underwired foam Tshirt bra.



Straps.  Foam-padded, but not bulky. And you want that in a wire-free bra, as the straps will be taking on a bit more weight. They are very comfy and they extend enough for a tall person.

When Do I Wear It?


Any time I want underwire-level lift and shaping, and nip coverage, but don't want to wear wires. Normally I'd be happily wearing this to work under thin, clingy T's on warm summer days. But since I've been quarantining and working from home for 4 months, and our summer has consisted of endless weeks of 55F and pouring rain...

Since I can't test it under very hot & humid conditions, I don't know how well this bra will work for you in that type of climate - certainly not any worse than a traditional foam-lined Tshirt bra. But it is not spacer foam, which does work in that climate. Indoors with A/C, it'll be fine. You also get complete nippie coverage, if that's important to you.

Sizing.  42F. US, which means generous in the cups and snuggish in the band. This fits me like a 40G UK, or 40H Euro.

Price point. Full price is around $40. I bought on Amazon when it hit $25. The quality of construction is fairly high, so the price is very reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment