Saturday, August 8, 2020

Sensitive Skin Review: Type:A deodorant

I've spent the last few years trying lots...& lots of sensitive skin products. Deodorants have been the toughest to crack. Finding the right texture and scent is not easy. But most of all: they vary wildly in effectiveness.

I'm a relatively crunchy vegetarian, but I don't particularly think that regular chemical deodorant is evil. I used Dove for over a decade. It is fairly sensitive skin friendly, & has about 30% less of the aluminum ingredient that's in most brands & I'd be happily using it still, if I hadn't inexplicably developed an allergic reaction to Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex GLY which, I soon learned, is in virtually every anti-perspirant. By reaction, I mean sudden, 4" long, tender red patches that actually scabbed over. I know. Ugh. The beginning of my quest is in this post: Deodorant Quest

Type:A in The Dreamer scent (white floral linen)




Scent.  Really lovely. A non-cloying, sheer white floral. Unfortunately, it's a little too subtle. There's a crucial difference between 'understated' and 'evaporating'.

Texture.  Perfect. A light, fluffy cream that sinks into skin and leaves zero residue of any kind. Very similar to the Tussy in my original post.

Application. Genius. Squeeze the tube like toothpaste, then rub in with the soft, domed applicator.



Effectiveness.  On a scale of 1-10, Type:A is a 5. i.e. it lasts about 5 hours. And when that time is up, you are basically Cinderella and you need to leave the ball.

Price point. Around $10. Not cheap, but by no means the most expensive option in its category.

When Do I Use It?


On weekends, when I will not be breaking a sweat. Before bed on rare warm, muggy nights. I would not rely on this for a full day at the office - back when going to the office was a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment