Saturday, December 22, 2018

Review: Delimira Women's Comfort No Padding Wire Free Seamless Bra (Bali Comfort Revolution bralette)

Yes, I am still happily on my Delimira kick. That's because I've been pleased with every bra I've tried from the brand. The consistency in sizing, the crazy low price point - which does not correlation to the fairly high quality - and the unexpected fact that their generic versions of famous bras are often better made and more comfy than the original? Well, color me impressed. 

When I saw that Delimira makes a version of the epic level comfy Bali Comfort Revolution? The bralette that I have bought many times, that remains the most comfy, supportive -enough to wear out of the house, even- bralette I've found in my long searching. Yeah, I had to try that. 

And I was not disappointed.

Beauty

 Plain and sleek neutrals.
Black & gray or black & beige; those are your choices.

Everyone reading knows my thoughts on beige, so here's the gray:

 Comfort & Fit

Fabric: Thick, ultra soft, comfy, stretchy nylon/spandex.

Cups.   As with the original Bali, they expand a good deal and the XL can handle a G-cup and even an H, though you'll have more cleavage. I think they are slightly more supportive than the original as they are slightly less stretchy - in a good way - resulting in your boobs being held closer to your chest. The effect is a slightly minimized, very rounded shape with impressive bounce reduction. The cups do not encourage a uniboob and there's some slight separation, which is a big plus. I'd wear this out of the house in a heartbeat.



Band.  Stretchy, snug and stable, with 3 hooks. I find those pull-over styles frustrating to contort myself into, so I love that this has regular hooks. And the padded clasp of the Bali remains! In fact, they've gone one better and padded it with memory foam, which is a more dense and deliciously pillowy foam. Win! (The actual Balis I've bought on Amazon are sometimes inexplicably missing the padded foam in the clasp, which makes them likely 'imperfect' 2nd's.) One more reason to opt for this high quality generic over the original.

Straps.  As with the Bali, this is my sole quibble with this otherwise divinely comfy bralette. They are wide-ish and overall comfy, but have the rolled elastic edging which I don't care for, but again, it's a small quibble.

Price.  The Bali Comfort Revolution goes for $35 full price. 
Brace yourself: a 2-pack of the Delimira version? $19


When Do I Wear It?

All day every weekend. To work when I'm feeling under the weather or experiencing PMS swelling which causes sensitivity to wires. I actually do wear this bralette under formfitting Tshirts; the thick, substantial fabric gives more nippie coverage than you'd expect and a natural, rounded shape. Also, the very rounded shape avoids boob-tenting under looser draping tops. The one time I wouldn't choose this one is with something that requires a high bustline, such as an empire waist dress, since you need some lift for that to fit properly. While I prefer to sleep free range, you could definitely sleep in this if you're so inclined; the padded clasp ensures no hooks will dig in and the 2nd skin stretch will allow it move with you.

Size: XL. Like all Delimira (save the Wacoal Awareness version that runs small) this runs large. The XL fits me just like the XXL in Bali's original version. 

Rough guide:  the XL should work fine for 38F-42GG, the L for 34E-36G, etc.
There's quite a bit of leeway in sizing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article.
    I wanted to write a little comment to support
    you.

    ReplyDelete