Sunday, November 19, 2017

Review: Rosme Rosabel

Because I quite liked the Mona as a practical, versatile, lightweight work bra, I decided to try another style, making sure this time that it contained stretch lace, to avoid another debacle like the Annija

Here is how Rosme describes the Rosabel collection:
Soft romantic collection in a colour of a light pink marshmallow. Combination of Italian base material and elastic laces makes this collection unbelievably light and elegant.

Beauty

I was looking for a light-colored neutral - which for me is not the same as beige. And the colorway of Rosabel functions very well for that: a delicate pale blue base, with the lace and pattern detailing in a shade that is referred to as 'marshmallow pink', which is a very pale -barely there- ballet pink. I find it pretty, subtle, and on the elegant, rather than kitschy, side.

None of my winter-lighting pics can show this colorway accurately, so here is one that does:
Image result for rosme Rosabel


Comfort  & Fit

Wires.  Pretty perfect. Nice and low, in a straight Euro 'U' shape, with no winging UK swoop toward the sides. Medium-narrow and light-medium gauge.

Fabric.  There is good and bad news here. The lower cup is lined in a soft knit fabric, which is very comfy and supportive. The lace upper cup is meh, not the softest, but not the worst, either; just average stretch lace. The edging along the band is not soft; that may soften with repeated washings...or it may not.

Cups.  Quite deep. Less so than Gorsenia, but more deep and narrow -& certainly lower at the side- than any UK brands I've encountered. The lace has lots of stretch, and is a medium-weight, so plenty sturdy, with very good shape retention I.e. it plays nice with full-on-top boobs, but should not gape on full-on-bottoms.



Band.  There are some problems. Worst of all is the actual clasp -which is only 2 hooks, as with every Rosme I've tried. But's it's the fabric edges of the clasp and hooks that are incredibly sharp and highly irritating; it actually feels scratchy against the skin. This was not the case on the other Rosme's I tried. It was irritating enough that I tucked a folded tissue beneath the clasp to protect my skin. 

Straps.  Average. They are a bit wider in my size, so less thin than they appear in the first pic. They are comfortable enough and do not dig in. There is a semi-padded version as well, and that appears to have the wider strap style.

Shape.  Better than Annija. A little more rounded and the seams lay flatter and are not visible under knits.


When Do I Wear It?

To work, mainly. I appreciate the lightweight fabrics in an overheated office, as well as the moderate shape, low wire height, and (with the exception of the clasp) reasonable comfort. All at a price point under $30. 
Size: 40H (fits like a UK 40G or 38GG and a Euro 38I)

No comments:

Post a Comment