Sunday, December 3, 2017

Review: Rosme Marta

From what I can tell, Rosme has what they consider their 'Classic' (read: pointier) collection and their newer styles. Marta is firmly in that former category. There are real differences in shape in all of the styles I've tried, with the best shape (for me) being the newer Rosabel and (far & away) the worst being Annija with this one, the older classic Marta, being 2nd worst. Unfortunately, the 'classics' are also the most comfy with softer fabric used for the lace, band and clasp. The Mona is in between these two shapes, and is also the most comfy.

Beauty

Here is how the Marta looks on (much) smaller boobs:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ft0AAOSwEK9TvTUx/s-l400.jpg

Definitely no wow factor with the very basic colorways but the contrasting lace makes it less plain and the strap detailing is a nice touch. 


Comfort & Fit

Fabric.  The microfiber is smooth and the lace is on the softer side and has moderate stretch -not as much as the other styles, but enough to prevent cutting in or gaping on different shapes.

Band.  2-hooks, as with all the styles I've tried; it's not a dealbreaker, as it does not cut in like say, the dreadful band of a Cleo. It is mesh, but reasonably soft. I find Rosme bands to be true to size, maybe slightly on the loose side, but not enough to drop down a size.

Cups.   Decidedly aimed at full-on-bottom boob shapes. Though not to the  extreme that the Annija is. A balanced shape might do well with the Marta, though you are still going to get a shape that is on the pointy side--just not to the degree that I am getting here. 

Shape.

Good lord, I feel like I'm in danger of putting someone's eye out.

This is similar to the shape I get with Curvy Kate (see Dreamcatcher) though this shape is actually a bit better than CK.  




The cups are cute quite low for a balconette and are almost giving a hybrid plunge effect.



The cup is not too small, but I'm getting that squared-off triangle shape I also get with Curvy Kate.  

The shape of the cup is just not a great match for my full-on-top shape. And the lace isn't stretchy enough to overcome that, the way it is in the Mona



When Do I Wear It?

It's not going to be very often. Even under a structured blouse, the shape will be too projected and pointy. Under a drapey knit fabric, this shape would cause epic boob-tenting of circus proportions. Which really just leaves sweaters. Very thick ones. Which I cannot wear to my overheated office. So the usefuless of Marta is very limited for me, pretty much just to weekend grocery shopping. However, if you are full-on-bottom--and you happen to like that moderately pointy/perky shape--this would be a good choice for a fairly comfy work bra that is a bargain
Size: 40H 

2 comments:

  1. This is an excellent illustration of how some bras do not suit full on top shapes. Too bad the Rosme bras that give a better shape than Marta aren't as comfy as the Rosme bras that give a suboptimal shape. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be a lonely road for us full-on-tops. My own sister is full-on-bottom; she simply buys Prima Donnas and has zero bra issues. ~=o/

      Delete